- Where are you located – Along Diani Beach Road
- Where can I see the hotel rates? / How much is a room/night?
Our rates are calculated on a daily basis. Therefore we cannot give you a general overview of costs. But you can easily enter the arrival dates in our booking engine and our system will search the best available rates for you
- Are the rates per person or per room?
All prices, unless stated otherwise, are on a per-room basis.
- Can I request a specific position of my room/suite (preferred floor etc.)?
We will do our best to meet your needs and requirements, but we cannot make any guarantees.
- Are pets allowed in the hotel?
Pets are not allowed.
- Can my children stay in the room for free?
Children 0 - 2 yrs. stay free, 3 – 11 yrs. get 50% discount if sharing with parents and if in own room get 25% discount.
- Are babysitting services available?
No, babysitting services are not available
- What are the check-in and check-out times?
Standard check in time is 1200hrs and check-out time is 1000hrs. A charge of Ksh 3,000 per person is applicable to any arrivals or departures outside these times, excluding the room. Latest check out time from Hotel for this rate will be 1700hrs.
- Do you charge for cancellations?
Yes, charges when confirmed bookings are cancelled; 30 to 15 days – 10%, 15 to 7 days – 50%, 7 to 2 days before arrival – 75%, No shows –100%. Any cancellation after stop sales has been issued will be charged 100%.
- Is there a choice of gluten-free food?
Yes, we always have a selection of gluten-free products at our buffet (breakfast, Lunch and dinner).
- Are sun loungers, towels and sun umbrellas at the beach and pool included in the price?
Yes, the use of sun loungers, towels and sun umbrellas is included in the price for all resort guests.
- Is the use of the fitness center free of charge?
Almost free of charge. A minimal fee of Ksh 250 per session is applicable.
- How much does internet access cost?
Wi-Fi is free of charge in all guest rooms and common areas of the resort. Please request the password for free internet access when checking in the hotel.
- Does the hotel offer transfer services to and from Mombasa International Airport, Diani Airstrip and SGR?
- a) One way transfer from Mombasa Airport can be arranged at the following per vehicle cost: Kshs 5,500 for maximum 2 pax, Kshs 7,000 for 3 to 6 pax and Kshs 9,000 up to 7 pax.
- b) One way transfer from SGR station can be arranged at the following per vehicle cost: Kshs 7,000 for maximum 2 pax, Kshs 9,000 for 3 to 6 pax and Kshs 10,000 up to 7 pax.
- c) Diani Airstrip (5.3KM to the resort) shared shuttle service available at Kshs 500 per person, upon pre-booking
All rates are subject to change without notice and have to be pre-booked at least 24hrs prior.
- When is a good time to visit Diani?
Diani is a year-round destination with little change of temperature. However, at certain times of the year there is a heavier rainfall than at others. It is recommended that you take this into account when booking.
- What is the currency in Kenya?
The currency in Kenya is Kenya Shillings. There are currency exchange facilities in all main tourist areas. It is recommended that you check the applicable rate of exchange at the time of booking.
- What different types of rooms are available?
There are a range of room options available at our resort to suit every budget. For details on the room types available and their features, please see the Accommodation page.
- Are medical services available at the hotels?
Our resort has a doctor on 24 hour call. First aid kits are available as well.
- Do you have satellite television and in-house movies available?
The Baobab offers a range of local and international news and entertainment channels. We however as at now do not offer pay-per-view movies services.
- How many additional beds can you have in one room?
Most rooms can accommodate only one additional bed.
- Do you have any special packages for honeymoons and anniversaries?
Yes, a range of packages are available. Please check with the hotel reservations team.
- What is the distance of the facility from the Sea?
Baobab Beach Resort and Spa is located right in front of Indian Ocean along Diani Beach.
- Is it possible to book spa treatments online?
Yes, spa treatments are also bookable online. Check the Spa page.
- Which size are the rooms?
The sizes of our rooms vary between each category. The entry level room which is the Garden room has a size of approx. 31sqm².
- Do you offer non-smoking rooms?
All our rooms at the resort are non-smoking rooms.
- Can I use the Spa even if I am not staying in your Resort?
The Afya Bora is also open for external guests. For more information about our wellness menu, please check the hotel’s website under Spa.
- Can I have breakfast/dinner even if I am not staying in your Resort?
DAY PASS RATES
Full day (lunch and afternoon tea and diner)
Except for 24/25/26/31 December
Half day (afternoon tea and dinner)
Except for 24/25/26/31 December
Half day (lunch and afternoon tea)
Except for 24/25/26/31 December
Child 0-2Yrs Old Free
Child 3-12Yrs. 50% Discount
Meals only at the restaurant:
Lunch Ksh 2,500
Dinner Ksh 3,000
All rates are in KS and are per person. All rates are subject to change without notice and blackout dates apply.
- What should I do, if I lost or forgot something in my room?
Please contact the resort directly. Our rooms are cleaned daily, and any lost & found item will be with the housekeeping team.
- What are the payment options and the accepted currencies at the resort?
Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express
Cash: US Dollars, GB Pounds, Euros, Kenya Shillings
Not Under All inclusive:
Boutiques and gift shops
Hotel doctor (on call)
Shuttle service to Mombasa town/airport
Safaris and excursions
Wedding planning and packages
Celebration cakes (birthday, anniversary) Room service
What Sports & Recreation facilities are under - All Inclusive at the resort?
Three individual swimming pools
Children’s swimming pool
Three floodlit tennis courts
Entertainment - All Inclusive
Live animation shows
Disco dancing with DJ
What Sports & Recreation facilities are under - Not All Inclusive at the resort?
SCUBA diving (PADI Certified)
Big-game deep-sea fishing
Golf (at nearby golf course)
Glass bottom boat excursions
Are there vegetarian Food
Every restaurant provides option for Vegetarian food
- What is the dress code for the restaurants at night?
Swimwear is not permitted in restaurants and most bars. At dinner, gentlemen are requested to wear long trousers and sleeved shirts
- Can we request adjoining rooms?
We accept requests for adjoining rooms and will always do our best to accommodate you and your friends. However we cannot guarantee that adjoining rooms will be available. Requests can be made on the comments section at the end of the online booking process.
- Does the resort have designated smoking zone areas?
- How far is the shopping Centre/Bank from the resort?
Diani shopping center is a mere 4.4Km away from the resort
- Can I withdraw money from the reception?
- Can I exchange foreign currency at the reception?