There is a lot to discover in Mombasa and the surrounding areas including cultural and wildlife excursions within the town of Mombasa and overnight wildlife safaris to nearby game parks. Guests can pre-book day excursions and overnight safaris to experience the variety of wildlife and culture on offer or alternatively make arrangements with the representatives once you arrive at the resort.
A short nature walk through the Baobab Nature Park is definitely an experience. Along the specially cleared nature foot path you can observe more than a hundred types of rare birds, four different types of monkeys including baboons & colobus, snakes, vervets.
On visiting Diani, one can visit the Conservancy and participate in:
- Promoting the welfare of primates and to reduce the impact of human development on the environment in Diani and south eastern Kenya
- Volunteering to assist in conservation activities for the primates of Diani and their forests.
- Attending animal welfare and education programs offered by the colobus Trust.
- Primates and environmental conservation
- Learning the Measures put in place in making sure that the rare species (Angolan black and white colobus monkey) is protected and preserved for the next generation.
Find out more at colobusconservation.org
The Kaya Kinondo Sacred Forest
The Kaya Kinondo sacred forest is a world heritage site located on the southern end of
Diani beach. From the Indian Ocean, the forest is vastly extended and features great
biodiversity, with 187 plant, 48 birds, and 45 butterfly species. The forest was once a
habitat of the Digo tribe until it was abandoned as a village site.
Experiences to be enjoyed at the site are:
- Mammals spotting like the golden-rumped elephant shrew and the famous Colobus monkey
- A guided tour with an elderly along the ancient trails of the traditional huts.
- Learn about the forest plants and their significance
- Understand the ritual powers and cultural identity of the Mijikenda people.
Sky Dive Diani
Located along Diani road in the vicinity of the famous Forty Thieves bar and Ali Barbours
restaurant, Sky dive Diani hosts the only permanent drop zone this side of the Sahara.
Visiting Diani and seeking the thrill of sky diving but don’t want to go through the diving
training then you are in an ideal place.
As the club Chief instructor Gary says “The Kenyan coastline is amongst the finest
scenery in the world; the beaches are breathtaking and the calm sea waters protected
by the reef have an indescribable color when you look at them from above”
Find out more at skydivediani.com/
Kongo River Estuary
With a length of 4.07 kilometers, Kongo river estuary is located on the northern
outskirts of the Tiwi Beach. The river main attraction never to be missed is it’s beautiful
changing sandy beach, great waves and a sunset scenario perfect for Sundowners.
Located in Kwale County one of the 47 counties in Kenya, Diani Beach is considered as
the best beach destination in the African continent. The Indian Ocean Coastal area is
known for its coral reefs, black-and-white colobus monkeys, and for the closely located
Shimba Hills National Reserve. Diani Beach boasts of high end boutique resorts, allinclusive resorts, restaurants, supermarkets, and several shopping centers.
Diani Beach is also a popular location known for kitesurfing, sky diving, jet skiing, and
Find out more at dianibeach.com
Baobab Nature Park
A short nature walk through the Baobab nature park is definitely an experience. Along
the specially cleared nature foot path you can observe more than a hundred types of
rare birds, four different types of monkeys including baboons, colobus and vervet
monkeys. Our guests are offered an opportunity to learn more on one of the last
vestiges of virgin coastal forest at the hotel grounds as well the live dazzling butterflies
and birds, brilliant flowers and blossoming vegetation. Join our knowledgeable resident
guide every Wednesday for an exceptional eye opening nature walk to learn more