As the world begins to gradually reopen, we are excited to welcome our loyal and prospective guests to Baobab Beach Resort and Spa.
Baobab Beach Resort and Spa has been an industry leader in our reputation for providing guests with exceptional experience (World Travel Award 2020 - Africa's Leading Family Resort). As part of our on-going commitment to meeting your health and wellbeing standards during these challenging times, Baobab Management and Staff have embarked on stringent safety and hygiene protocol based upon guidance provided by the World Health Organization,(WHO) ,Government of Kenya (GK) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), to addresses everything from guest room, Food and Beverage and common areas, to streamlined processes that minimize contact between guests and associates while maintaining the customer service.
When you next stay with us, there will be some changes you will clearly see while others, you can rest assured are taking place behind the scenes, such as the enforcement of heightened and comprehensive cleanliness standards.
Download our Health Measures Brochure for additional information
- Front Desk and Lobby:
- New protocols will minimize guest contact with personnel through a streamlined check-in and check-out process.
- Enhanced sanitization procedures will be in place at the front desk, in the lobby and across guest touch points throughout the hotel with disinfecting taking place regularly.
- Social distancing measures will be implemented
- All front office staff wears surgical gloves during their duties.
- Concierge team offer hand sanitizers for guests upon arrival
- All arrivals are screened to identify with symptoms of COVID -19 and their body temperature is taken upon check-in
- Past travel records within the last 14 days are obtained from each check-in guest for record,
- We have taken measures to reduce cash interaction at the cashier. Guests are advised to use pre-authorisation credit cards.
- The Resort’s lobby and desk are sprayed with disinfectant regularly.
- Sanitizing stations or wipes will be available throughout hotels
- Guest Room and Housekeeping:
- Enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols will be implemented in guest rooms. Upon check-out, linens and all touch points, for example, door handles, TV remotes, AC remotes, light switches, and hangers will be cleaned with chemicals.
- Housekeeping team is provided with sufficient disinfectants; PPE and others supplies.
- Unnecessary items will be removed from guest rooms, such as extra pillows, paper notepads and pens. Some items will be available on request.
- Linens and clothes should be put in special, marked laundry bags and handled carefully.
- For guest and employee safety and well-being, daily housekeeping service will be by request. Upon arrival guests will be offered the option of three bags, one for soiled towels, one for soiled bedding and one for trash. When towels and bedding need to be cleaned and when trash needs to be removed, guests will be asked to place the bags near the entrances to their rooms and housekeeping will replace these. Alternatively, guests can allow housekeeping to clean and sanitise the room as normal when they have vacated the room to other areas on the resort.
- Food and Beverage:
- Food and Beverage offerings outlets will comply with international and local regulations, to avoid unnecessary guest congregation.
- We are firmly committed to maintaining buffets. Safety measures will be implemented that both guests and employees must follow. Active cooking station, individual portions and assisted service will be integral part of the buffet. An even stricter routine will be implemented to monitor temperatures and change serving utensils, as well as staff distancing and hygiene measures.
- We may opt to provide a “served” or pre-plated Food and Beverage to minimize guest contact with food, beverages and surfaces, and cross contamination
- The tables will be covered with single-use tablecloths, the cutlery will be provided at the tables and the seats will be assigned respecting safe distances
- To avoid inconveniences that may be caused by social distancing rules, we have spread our meal times to limit numbers in restaurants.
- We shall maintain the highest levels of cleaning across our buffets and bars outlets.
- The coffee machines, soda machines, and others, in particular the parts more in contact with the hands of users, are cleaned and disinfected after each service and more often if necessary.
- All tableware including salt & pepper shakers, toothpick holders, sugar container, menus and bill folders are cleaned and sanitized on daily basis.
- All crockery and utensils used at the buffet counters, including tongs, spoons and under liner are changed and sanitized regularly.
- Service staff are ensuring (and asking the guests) to use sanitizer gel at restaurant entrance.
- Suppliers of goods and services Contractors follow safe systems of work to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We will continue to adjust our food and beverage service in accordance with global food safety recommendations
- Public Amenities:
- We have established protocols to conform to social distancing rules at all outlets and public areas. These include protocols for swimming pool and spa use.
- On the beach and around the pool areas sun loungers will be place at 1.5 Meter space between them.
- Public amenities such as fitness centres, swimming pools and meeting rooms will be cleaned on closely monitored schedules with disinfecting chemicals. Each evening, these areas may also be sanitized.
- With all-inclusive entertainment, there are endless ways to have fun day and night strictly observing the social distance and hygiene rule.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for guests and employees in all public areas.
- Hotel Employees and Staff Requirements:
- Hotel employees will follow strict guidelines, including utilizing Personal Protective Equipment, frequent and stringent hand-washing protocols.
- Housekeepers/laundry staff will wear both gloves and a mask.
- Employee workstations will be cleaned and disinfected after every shift.
- Employees will be empowered to stay home if unwell, communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management, and will be fully educated on how to maintain a safe and clean home.
- All staffs are being trained on our new procedures in readiness to welcome our valuable customers.
The Management will continue to review and improve on all areas related to safety and comfort of all our guests without compromising the highest level of guest’s satisfaction and value that we Prides ourselves on.